Hello all. You know I noticed a few things last week, apart from the fact that my birthday's aroudn the corner. For instance, recently I watched this cooking show called Oliver's Twist, and Jamie Oliver's so.... Shall we say... Different. And amazing at the same time. Who knew that red wine, chocolate and butter could go with RICE. Risotto that is, can't wait to try French cuisines. There's also this part after the show, where all the chef's guests finally come over as the credits roll, and everyone's enjoying their food, while all of us viewers just stone there and watch them enviously after our dinner(great timing, isn't it?) Last week he was cooking eggplants with Ricotta cheeese and chocolate sauce, I'm disgusted and curiosified at the same time...
Oh yes, I just came back from the Curve. We tried something new today, Ton Chan. It's somewhere at the upper floor at the street. Around the Only Noodle shop. Generally, other than the Mapo Taufu and the Crab meat Omelette, everything else sucks. It doesn't look half as good as the pictures in the menu inside OR outside the restaurant, but I liked the Miso soup at the end, it's always the best finisher whether your food sucks or not.
There's a slight trend I've noticed lately. Guys that are appealing nowadays seem to have long hair. More compared to last time anyway. Everyone used to love GI Joe or James Bond, which have flat, combed hair like married men like that, but nowadays when I talk to most of my female friends, everyone loves Bucky from American Idol 5. And believe me, it's not just because of his voice.

You know I've gotta agree with Simon there, they do look like Jessica Simpson. 'Nuff said.Something happened last week that made me think of the question "Is it harder to be a good winner or a good loser?" It's not just about sportsmanship you know, coz there's a lot of ego bruising involved. Personally, I'm so used to losing that I'm not afraid of it anymore. Thanks to my high school teacher Mr Mah. Anyway, I was playing basketball at the club(after a very very long break from it) And some people can be real asses sometimes. I'm not talking about cheating on the field or being rude or not playing fair. These are the people that no matter how good they are, you just don't ever want to play against them OR with them again. This guy at the court, A, he fits the description. I was plaiyng against him for the first time, and he was playing quite good actually, until our team started winning, then he really started acting like an ass. After the game he didn't even bother talking to any of us, like he's some big shot that his ego's been bruised badly and we've shamed him for life or something. Haha. Serves him right. Personally, I think it's harder to lose in style than to win without being an asshole coz when you lose, you tend to pressurise yourself more, although a lot of people don't see that. They think that winning brings more of the jerk in people, that's why a lot of winners are not-very-nice people. If you can lose and still enjoy yourself and respect other people, I will definitely salute you, you deserve it.
For the record, I've always liked Making the Band. I just hate P.Diddy, that's all. It's funny to watch all the girls bitch about each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment