Thursday, July 13, 2006

Snollygoster

Umquhile-----> Formerly. Check this: A guy called Kyle MacDonald traded his red paper clip for a house in Kipling. He did this through fourteen trades. Gosh, how I wish I could trade my toothpick for a girlfriend. Haha. Time has been flying so fast that it's July already, and a week since I last updated. Test results have been HORRIBLE though, I'm so far behind my target now... I can't tell myself "work harder!!!" any more, I have to tell myself " Work smarter!"...

So here's what went down last weekend. 9 of us, me Toby Alishia, Kenneth Chan & Soo, Arthur, Aisha, Alicia and Dinesh went for a road trip to Port Dickson. Fun right? So on Friday morning we all met up in 1u and we headed for PD!!!! Dinesh and Alicia were driving, so we were actually going quite slow on the highway, about 100, can you believe it? Anyway, we reached Sunshine Bay about noon, and when we just about reached there, we saw the beach at low tide and it was SO WHITE... But then after we parked and went down, the area between the beach and the hotel was FULL OF RUBBISH!!!! Adoi. Some more next door the hotel called Corus was so nice with a private beach and all. Damn cool. So all of us decided to stay at Corus instead haha. Lucky for us, it was a Friday, so there were many rooms available and we got rooms for us!!! Yay. And not surprisingly, the first thing we did(at 1 in the afternoon) was swim. Of all things. In the pool some more. We swam until about 1 something, then we decided to check the rest of the hotel la. And turns out there was a football pitch over there!!!! All of us raided the place and we were playing beach football under the hot sun at 1 p.m. So we played until about 2 and we all jumped into the pool again and chilled until about 4... Talk about wasting our first afternoon. Anyway we spent the evening finding out where's what, and it turns out that we couldn't find any shopping malls(thank goodness)... And there weren't any McDonald's or 7 Eleven either. But there was Pizza Hut and KFC, so we actually split into 2 groups and went to separate restaurants... Me Kenneth Alicia Alishia and Toby went to Pizza Hut for dinner and we tried the new Pizza, the one with bullet shells as the crust haha... Quite nice you know. Anyway, that night we tried playing the Killer Bunnies game I brought, and there's a lesson learnt here: Never teach a new game to more than 5 people at once. Anyway, we played monopoly after that, and guess who won? Hehe... That was the first game that I won more than 20000... I actually ended with 50000, 2 hotels and 8 houses... That doesn't matter. After that we had a lot of talking time, and I was so glad that finally I was able to hear honest opinions about people... And I got to express a few myself. The next day, Kenneth Chan and Aisha had already lost their voice, and nearly everyone else was sneezing like Mad... You cannot imagine how many tissue boxes were being used.

Next afternoon(yes, I said afternoon, that's how late we woke up) All 9 of us had... KFC for lunch!!! Wasting money right. Come all the way to PD to eat this kinda stuff. Haha. In the evening we were doing our own stuff, Arthur, Dinesh, Aisha and I went canoeing and we paddled out SO far... Like to the next hotel. And me and Aisha just drifted there, talking and talking and talking(I knew her for only a week, mind you) and so were Dinesh and Arthur... About half an hour later we were quite far away, so we decided to race back, and we gave Arthur and Dinesh a head start, and guess who won la. Anyway, that night (thanks to kenneth chan) we had a very very nice seafood dinner at a proper restaurant... Can you believe that we nearly went to a hawker stall by the road side for dinner? Damn funny. After that, we went to a pasar malam, and we were all stalked by these few Malay kids... then when the girls were buying pau, all the Malay kids surrounded us, but all the guys made a circle around the girls, so it was damn cool la... That night we played more Monopoly(I swear I'm not sitting next to Aisha again) until about 1, then we had a LONNNNNGGGG walk by the beach... And more talking time. The scenery was excellent. It was foggy that morning, the moonlight making a straight line of reflection off the water, exactly like the movies, damn chun... It was so calming, like drinking tea, you know. We actually stayed up about 3 for the World Cup game, but we all were so tired that we PLONKED on the bed haha...

The next morning, we intentionally forgot to celebrate someone special's birthday, *wink* coz we had already planned to celebrate it on monday... So he was quite de pissed la. Anyway, we checked out about 12, eating their not-so-good-but-not-so-bad brunch (at noon?) at RM25 per person... That's quite cheap you know. Then we headed home.

Haha didn't expect more eh? Well apparently, some buggers on the highway did sudden braking and one of our usually professional drivers was caught off guard, so her car bumped into Dinesh's car's butt. At first everyone was in shock coz the car couldn't move(on the fast lane, mind you) but later we managed to restart the engine and park at the side... Called the PLUS guy with the orange telephone (for the first time) and half an hour they arrived to fix the car... So overall it was a very good trip, learnt a lot of new stuff... Most importantly I've learnt that I've put on the perfect mask, and now it's time to show more of myself, the part of me that makes me different from everyone else.

Pics!!!
See ah, the funny thing about this hotel is that there was a bird cage you know, how weird is that?

Check this picture out. Like we're all trapped like that. So spooky. See that's what happens when you take pics against the mirror haha.

Monopoly. Guess who's won?

Here's where we started canoeing. (FYI, we went WAY out there)

Now here's a girl who plays football more semangat than me. Ganas sial!

Pool pose. Unsporting Kenneth Chan just doesn't wann stand up does he? Haha

Before.
After. See anyone really tanned?
A little souvenir from my trip. That's on my door btw.

Right. This tag is for those who came along for the PD trip. I wanna know what's going on too.

3 things I've learnt from this trip

  1. I've put on the perfect impression among my friends. Time for myself to appear.
  2. Girls can rock at football. And manipulating people in Monopoly.
  3. Always check in at a hotel on a Friday. Guaranteed a space there.

3 things I loved about this trip.
  1. The sun, sand and the swimwear
  2. The company, sharing and friendship
  3. The fact that I had loads of time to think and ponder
3 things I hated about this trip
  1. Sunburn on my shoulder
  2. Not bringing enough games
  3. Not having a longer holiday
3 things I'll miss about this trip
  1. Going back to a kampung environment
  2. Going on a road trip with friends and no parents
  3. Talking with friends under the stars... Although there weren't many =)
3 things that I regretted about the trip
  1. I didn't spill enough of my feelings
  2. I didn't take a lot of my own pictures
  3. That I didn't watch Germany v Portugal
3 best people/enjoyed the most on the trip:
  1. Dinesh
  2. Aisha
  3. Kenneth Chan

Well that's pretty much it, cya guys next post.

No comments: