Tantivy-----> Riding at full gallop. Hi all. Just feel like blogging. Don't know why. Week's been awesome, with auditions for talent time just passeed and all. Saturday's another day I'm not looking forward to, coz it's Parents Teacher's Day, and my mom is already expecting negative comments haha... Oh yes watched Pirates of the Carribean sometime last week, love Jack Sparrow's accent and slang, hate the bastard.
I've got a question for you guys. I have this principle that I should never really accept compliments and just let it be. It's how I was brought up, and partly it's because I never really received a compliment when I was younger. I've never thought of myself as something special(I think I'm unique, not special) so I'd normally think of compliments as... as... words la. Like I have no idea how to feel when you get compliments. The most I'd probably fully embrace is a thank you, you know. So I've thought about it, and I suppose that since I'm receiving a relatively more of those compared to my secondary life, I should start taking it seriously and find out what they really mean. Or maybe I just think too much, like when you're alone and stuff and the wheels just start to rotate in your head.
Now here's something I think is interesting. Ever faced a situation where something happens and you wished that two exactly opposite things would happen? Well according to Tuesdays With Morrie, it's called 'tension of opposites'. Savvy? Like let's say that some guy punches you and your first reaction would be "Whack him back la, what are you waiting for?" But then you suddenly you think that "Oh wait don't hit him, he's got something up his sleeve" that kinda thing. Like your feelings against your mind, you know. I've been facing a lot of those lately, coz I've been 'talking' to my mom and stuff... Over studies and all. She thinks I'm not doing enough to get good ENOUGH grades. Not to make anyone feel bad here, but on one hand I feel like I'm actually way better off than most people, but on the other I'm really scolding myself because I know I can do SO much better. Like I can reach for the stars, but I have been playing so much that my studies are all mucked up.
Here's another thing I conjured in my head. You know when you've found someone that's in ome way compatible with you, or has the same taste in music, or same bad habits, or same perception about certain stuff, you tend to kinda like them too, you know. Like you think that no one else in the world would appreciate the same things you like and stuff. I never really believed in the opposites attract theory, so I'd always be the one changing my behaviour by a little when I'm dealing with different kinds of people. Well one thing about finding friends that have same interests is that the common interest is probably what you'd use to start off your conversation with. Savvy? Like very very recently, I'd FINALLY found someone that has the same interest in music and the feelings behind it, and it's sort of surprised me because all my friends like SOME part of my music, but not all. So I'm very grateful for that friend, but still I don't think that I'd be really able to think of a good conversation, you know. Hold up, let me rephrase that. Let's just say that I'm really sceptical about it because I don't believe in what I'm seeing. Yeah, that's about right.
Yeah that's about it. Oh yes, I like being called Lex. It makes me feel... Like the new me. The less emo, more dynamic me.
No comments:
Post a Comment