Monday, October 02, 2006

Rebarbative

Sciolist------> Superficial pretender to knowledge. I missed my deadline, so sue me. My cousin's returned to Australia too. Boohoo. At least he's left me with something to do...

Check this out : http://deathball.net/notpron/

I think I spelt it right. It's a highly addictive game, but it's not time consuming.
*Warning, this may cause mental illness and frusration, not for the mentally-weak*

Righ back to business. Holidays are over already. Thank goodness, I was starting to miss college anyway. Here's something interesting that happened and I noticed. Last Friday, I went for my uncle's birthday dinner, which I forgotten the restaurant's name ANYWAY everyone was having fun so we decided to hook up the karaoke box la, and while everyone was talking the nice waiters decided to help us hook it up la. After a few songs everyone decided to sing the birthday song and everyone just sang before the thing even started. At first I thought it was a bit funny, but when the music started playing after eveyrone was halfway through the song, some of the relatives started complaining. Of course you can't blame the waiters right, everyone was getting impatient already, but then one of my aunties made a remark so loud "You guys are no good la!!!" And I tell you from my family background where every relative older than me teaches me to be tactful, that was complete irony. Seriously there was no need for a remark like that, it absolutely would have offended me, especially when the waiter knew so much more abt the whole situation than her. Guess it's really shitty to be a waiter.

Here's something interesting I heard on the radio recently. Mix FM has this game where you get to say whatever you want, and the DJ pays her 10 bucks per SECOND. There was this girl who wasnt able to finish telling her joke, and she won 300 ringgit. Mad man that game. If you're really funny, you'd better enter that competition, damn fun to listen haha. Better than HitzFm's Gotchas.

I've been thinking a bit lately, with September just ending and all. If I were in Australia what would I miss the most? Well after much thought, I've sort of made a list so that I can cherish them as much as possible while I'm still in Malaysia, apart from my beloved family and friends la duh..
  1. EPL on TV. There's not gonna be any Astro where I'm going, so I might as well watch as much of it as I can, coz I've watched TV in Australia before and other than the late night shows, you don't get much coverage.
  2. Simpsons and Monk. Everyone in Australia's crazy over House and Family Guy, according to my cousins. *sobs*
  3. Won Ton Mee. There's a guy near my house that sells Won Ton Mee that actually recognises me and knows what's the "usual" order. The food in Australia is 8 Aus$ for a plate of Fried Rice. It's big, but still not worth it. I'm sooooooo gonna miss that, and Sha Hor Fun, and Char Kuay Teow too. And Lou Shu Fun too.
  4. Mom's cooking and screaming around the house. I can't live without chaos you see. I can't live in a perfectly tidy room. Something has to be messed up ,it's just the way I like it. I will really, really miss mom.
  5. Wendy. Oh how I'm gonna miss her. No more Honk If You're Horny sign, no more magic ticket holder, no more fetching people to and from campus(I'd probably be living within walking distance from the campus)
  6. My V-shaped pillow. 9 nights out of 10 I can't sleep without it. It's amazing. I don't think I'll be able to bring it all the way to Australia, so 9 nights out of 10 I'm gonna have to be creative haha.
Of course there are things that I would look forward to as well. But I can't name any at the top of my head now, so I'll just let it be.

I once asked my mom "Wouldn't it feel nice to make other people smile?" She told me the best but worst-off job in the world is a clown. You make people happy, but it's the reality that you're just there to be funny and people laugh AT you, not with you. From a logical point of view I agree with that, but I think it's also very noble for someone to be a clown. Some people in this world are actually willing to sacrifice their own pride just to make others happy, even if it's just for a moment. So let's respect those clowns out there, and make sure we give them a big laugh whenever they try their hardest just toentertain us. HAHAHA. I'm not being sarcastic.

I've also been reminded this week that there are good people and bad people in this world.
Good people
Sometime ago a guy was talking on the phone on the way to his car. After the call, he left his phone on the car roof while changing his clothes. Later as he drove off, he had totally forgotten about his phone, still on the top of the roof of his car, and as the car took a corner, the phone fell into the path of a cyclist, which happened to live nearby. That night, while the guy was talking to hi mother at dinner, his mother's phone rang and the guywas shocked to see that his phone was making the call!!! So that night, he brought a big bar of Toblerone to the cyclist's house and thanked him for being one of the few kind hearted people who decided to do the right thing instead of taking it and selling it or whatnot.

Bad people
One fine morning a lady I knew was doing her morning shopping at a Sunday market. After buying the last shopping item, she stopped at one last stall to buy a drink. Mysteriously her shopping bag dissappeared, together with the morning's shopping. To think that people would be bad enough to just swipe your stuff under your nose.

Anyway that's it for now, will think of something better to write next time. By the way, visitor no. 1111 gets a free drink. Any drink.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

melb channel 10 shows simpsons every week nights
download monk while u are there..
and your v shape pillow is bought in melb anyway..
btw.. melb tv is REALLY entertaining..i can stay in front of the tv the WHOLE day..

~your cousin