Monday, October 16, 2006

Oxter

Leucipottomy ------> The craft of cutting white horses on hillsides. Something I'd do when I'm 50 or so. I found 5 bucks on the floor today. Yea I'm that lucky today. Unfortunately I found it in my house, so I guess it probably is mine or my brother's, (most probably mine la)

I've been facing a really, really bad problem. I'm lacking a study buddy. See I'm a wee bit abnormal compared to the majority, or at least the majority of my friends. I have to study with someone. If I study alone, I won't be in the mood. Which is why I'm blogging in front of my Calculus homework. Anyway, I don't understand how people are able to put themselves and tell their butts to sit on the same chair without budging from it while studying on their own. I've tried it, and I found out that I have a very disturbing habit when I think, which is that I play with my hair. A LOT. You should see me with a comb. I think it gets lost in my hair. In fact my hair's so screwed up that one day I thought there was something stuck in my hair, and I found out that my hair was actually TIED IN KNOTS. I did not tie it on purpose. I guess it's one of those things where you don't do anything to them and they turn into life and decide to annoy you and tie up themselves, like why wires are able to tie themselves up when you don't even touch them.

One thing that I've notices, observed and concluded from reading blogs is that there are actually many types of blogs, and the difference between the good ones and the bad ones are very, very distinct. To me, there are 5 types of blogs:
  • Diaries
These are the type of blogs that talk about what the guy did, who bitched about who, who fell into the pool, and stuff like that la. It is interesting to a certain point, especially when your picture is in it or when they mention your name in their post, but after a while it gets a bit boring la, coz you can always ask this kinda thing online or when you have daily ocnversations with them and what not. Some blogs are so dull, that their posts (in an exaggerated manner) sounds like they open the door, then get out of the car, then they close the door that kinda post you know...
  • Feelings/Thoughts (Mine's the moderate version of that)
You know since young in primary school, teachers made us write diaries about what we did in the weekend and all that, and at first we came up with nonsense like "I ate this ice-cream today and went to sleep at 9 pm" kinda shit, then my teacher would scold all of us so bad and told us to write something like what we thought of stuff, and I had so much practice of that, that I'm able to think of something to blog about once a week. Anyway, Most of my friends blogs are like that (or getting there) and it's pretty interesting in the sense that you know what's going on inside their head, and what are people like, especially if you have a crush on that person =p
  • Daily Events/ Update Blogs (The interesting ones)
I can't think of a suitable name for this category, coz it's SO BLOODY interesting. Like kennysia.com. When people travel a lot, they tend to notice stuff and see stuff that we ignore, don't see or take for granted everyday. When you read the entries, you get so sucked into it that you just wanna read the rest of the blog there and then, especially the way they describe it. These are the type of blogs that get talked about in magazines and newspapers nowadays, which grab a lot of attention and of course, critisism. Blogs like these also bring up sensitive or contemporary issues, which are interesting to know coz it's a separate opinion from the newspaper ones (I rarely read online articles). These kinda blogs are the less self-centered ones, more focusing on how beautiful or cruel or funny or stupid the world could be. I'm not knowledgable or exposed enough to produce this kinda blog, but I'm getting there.
  • Thinker Blogs
These are my favourite (but again, I can't produce them). Waiterrant.net is a very good example. These are the kind of blogs that are made by thinkers, like my mom. When thinkers sit alone in a room without music or noise, they just start thinking, which is something I can't do yet. When I think of something, i write it down in my phone so that I can write about it later. After reading blog entries of these kind of blogs, you sit there and analyse the whole thing for a few minutes, and after while you go "Wow" and you shake your head. Amazing. I don't like blogs that are too deep though. I'm not rady for that yet.
  • Model/ Pretty people blogs
I rarely read these blogs. The bloggers are overaged, but very very nice to look at. Most of these kinda blogs are a mix between diaries and feelings/thoughts, but the pictures they take of themselves are so amazing that you just sit there and stare for a minute, and then you move to the next picture. It's not about the body, it's just the eyes. Like everyone these days know how to look at a camera and use their eyes to capture your attention with their signature look or something like that. I don't have one. Anyway, blogs like these (some that I have read actually) have conflicted with each other, and as everyone know "it's a small world after all" so blogs like these are bound to criticise each other. Blogs like these also have the prettiest and most interesting layouts, so for any real ideas I like to go there and snoop around and see what their templates are like la, just for the fun of it.

That's it for now, Russell Peters roxors my soxors (ramdom statement). Gnite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Play with your hair? lol! I oso do that often =P But now short short liao, no fun playing it... :(

No study buddy? Like this only can study fast mar, cuz you wun get to chat, so no time wasted (unless you day dream la)... :)