This month I came across something new. I never had to wish so many people "Happy Birthday" in a week or two before. It's like AUSMAT has so many birthdays of my friends in October, it's almost like they did it on purpose. Luckily I managed to attend a few of the celebrations, so before I forget, happy birthday to: All the October babies la.
Yeah this is my "sister" here, getting cake in her face by the MUFY students, she got drinks in her hair too after that, so glad that my birthday passed edi haha...There's been so much going on between last Tuesday and now, that I actually have a few names in mind for this post. Here's one: Nuts & Beer. Pretty much what I've been consuming for the past few nights. In KL. See my dad decided to take me clubbing. Wait that sounded wrong. I decided to follow my dad to go to SALSA LOUNGES.
Monday night. Uncle Chilli's. The Alleycats were playing. I can't help but notice this really cute girl by the side of the bar tables, surrounded by men of different age, race. Now that's what you call no racism. Everyone's just having fun. Especially with 80's music playing. I can imagine myself 30 years down the road (if I'm lucky) being one of those men, dancing with one of the just-wanna-have-fun chicks over there.
Tuesday night. QBA. Westin. There's a Salsa performance at the lower ground. More nuts and beer. The lights are dim. Music's loud. A white couple are dancing. They're having fun. They dance through one, two, three songs. Everyone's having fun. They ask everyone to join them. The female dancer actually looked at me and signalled me to dance with them. I stone. I don't know why. Perhaps it was the presence of my parents. Maybe it was the fabulous juggling tricks of the bartender, who made drinks while flipping cups and throwing jugs.
I can't wait for clubbing. And using short sentences again.
Oh yes, last week Thursday was the last day of college officially, and coincidentallly there was a Moral exam that evening. Guess what everyone was doing (excluding me, I went to celebrate another birthday)
Try and find me. Can't leh. Coz I didn't join them. I think. I was the cameraman hehe. So much for moral.Here's another title for the post. Waiters & Attendants. Waiters. When you decide to eat early without waiting for another guy to show up, and you're stuffed to the throat with one hour before the bugger wakes up, you tend to do stuff that you don't imagine yourself ever doing. First, you talk to the waiters.(no one was around yet anyway) And I can tell you waiters are so bloody patient, you can throw your whole table at them and they still won't get angry. While waiting at the table, the table next to mine was filled with uncontrollable crying babies, complaining customers, food spilled all over the floor. They don't complain. I know some people who would've blew up the whole buiding by then. But after watching them handle the whole thing and talking to them, I can tell you that their job is so much worse than a maid's. You know throughout the whole meal I only used one cup (which I constantly refill) and sometimes when I finish, I just leave it there while I read the morning paper. And all the waiters (each time different) as they pass by would ask me "Sir are you done with that?" And I'd hold on to my glass for dear life. I don't find the action annoying, but I find it disturbing that these people were trained to ask people non-stop that way. Another thing I found sad was that this waiter who was working in that hotel for 5 years now, is willing to sacrifice the one official off-day in his whole year to work. Respect man. I'm a lazy boy.
Attendants. I'm referring to the part time workers who attempt to work at places like Kenny Rogers while splurging their money months later. I've never worked part-time for any of these kinda stores before, but being there, you've definitely gotta learn how to take shit or refuse it. Otherwise, you're gonna be in a hell lot of trouble. I went shopping with my family the other day, and there was this attendant(or whatever you call it) that was bullied, or slightly blur la. Anyway I didn't really notice it at first, but the store actually used hangers to identify clothes that have been sold or not, instead of those white bulky tags you see in other stores. So halfway through my fitting sessions, the attendant was asking whether anyone throwing hangers over the mirror. I thought it was a joke, coz when I picked my clothes, the attendant swiped the clothes hangers so fast I didn't even notice. And you know the shop also had this shirt that I really liked, and since it was hung really high for display, I took it down for a good look, and hung it back up la. After the shopping, the attendant actually came looking for us, saying that we might have accidentally taken some stuff. So we all went back to the store, and the boss was so mad at ME coz she thought that I stole the shirt that I looked at just now!!!! And what's worse, for the missing shirt, the money's coming out of her salary!! So lesson learnt:
- Don't be blur when people are worried around you. Something's going on, you don't know it yet.
- Workers, especially blur, innocent ones always take shit, especially over things like these(it's still a myth, lemme get more concrete evidence)
Check it out man. According to the article, a businessman was caught walking out of a video store with an original tape worth RM49.90. They even quoted the guy "What in his right mind was thinking?" and the businessman even APOLOGISED at the end, saying " That mistake won't ever happen again" When I read this I laughed all the way through lunch. If the title were "expensive" or "overpriced" it may have been logical. But if everyone is against pirated AND original DVDs, what do we buy then, revert back to the huge chunky rectangular black tapes?That is all. Love that line from Devil Wears Prada. Priceless.
1 comment:
Anti-piracy ads: Buy Original. See Original.
Me: Download Original. See Original.
Post a Comment