Monday, August 07, 2006

Epeolatry

Brimborion----> Useless shit. Here's something you don't see everyday.

No, it's not my new pet tree. It's my foot, believe it or not. And guess what, my mom wrapped it. See Last Saturday, I was playing basketball at the club, then this over competitive uncle tried to block me and accidentally tripped me la.
That's more like it. So that's how it really looks. But to shower and prevent it from being wet, you get that contraption you saw up there la. Innovative leh.

You know that pretty much screwed up my weekend, and pretty much my whole week too. Thank goodness I can walk now, half limping but still able to walk aha.

You know sometimes, when you're feeling a tad bit lonely, you look around you, especially in certain magazines, and you think "The world is full of beautiful people, so why am I in such a rush?" So that kinda makes you feel a bit better, you know. Certainly better than naming your car Wendy. Hehe.

Oh yes here's something I thought about too. See there was a boy and a girl, and they were friends a long, long time ago.(Just in case, this is not one of those touching things you find in chain letters, it's just a thought) No, they weren't in love either. They were just friends. See the thing is, at that time, the boy wasn't a good friend, so the girl didn't really appreciate the boy, and how the boy really feels inside. The boy didn't know how to be a friend, but the girl herself was such a good one, that the boy could tell her all his problems. However, they had a special promise between them, that they would throw a cent everyday in a pond they knew to remember that they were friends, and this definitely helped the boy sleep at night, especially during the hard times, where he argued with his parents, or had his first break-up and such. Then came a time where the girl's parents had to move, so the boy and the girl went separate ways, but they still threw cents at the pond everyday(without meeting each other and at different times), and with this the boy felt peaceful at heart. A year later, the boy became better, he was friendlier and less a jerk among his peeps, and soon was a very welcomed friend. But somehow, the girl still didn't appreciate the boy as much as he had hoped. See the thing is, the boy was always curious on asking how his friends were, and so many of his friends confided in him. But the girl was a listener herself, and so a lot of people confided secrets with her, without her really expressing her feelings about life to anybody, not even the boy. So, when she moved away from the boy, she made new friends and met old ones, really really good friends who she had way before she knew the boy. And so after sometime, one faithful day, the girl stopped throwing cents at the pond. At first, the boy tried to understand, tried to look from her point of view, maybe the thing was getting old and all. But he still went to the pond everyday, hoping that he could occasionally see the glimmer of a new penny that the girl probably threw. Since then, he had sleepless nights, knowing that his once was best friend in the world is not really there anymore, not really caring anymore. He knew it was time for him to move on. They still talked, but they did not have the same friendship as before. As if something was missing, and so, the boy decided to stop caring for the girl too. The girl had her own life now, and the boy felt that he shouldn't have been a part of hers.

So the story ends that way. Which brings me to my next thing that caught my atttention that Mitch Albom said "Without the past, we have no future" So that got me thinking: It is true that we learn from our past, especially our mistakes, in order to become someone new. However, what if we cling on to the past, especially if it is one of the best parts of our lives? My mother always asked me "What happened to all the secondary school friends who you used to call your brothers huh? Why like all dissappeared one?" So maybe they weren't the best friends in the world. Maybe I didn't believe in my best friends in the world, after all wherever I go and settle down, I leave them and hardly see them ever again. It seems that my lifestyle had turned into such, so bad that one day my mom asked me "You know I was talking to your brother's friend's parents, and all your used-to-be-good-friends are all in Taylors, why aren't you there ah?" And after thinking for a while, I told her " You know mom, one of the reasons I went to Sunway is because all my friends are in Taylors" you know, it's kinda like a habit for me to start a new life, thinking that it would be better than my previous one. I can even list down every single mistake I made in my previous enviroments, and what I have learnt from them. Just not now. So what would my future be? Would I leave my new, appreciative friends from Sunway and move on to something completely new next year? Should I?

Well that's all for now, I think I'll try to answer at least one of these questions next post. Cya guys around.

P.S. My car's name is still Wendy, I'm that dedsperate