I love pictures. Everyone loves pictures. Not too many anyway. So here's a random one...
You have no idea how much trouble this rule is. This wasn't allowed in Heathrow Airport through security, so being the average kiasu Malaysian, the whole family dug out all their watter bottles from their backpacks and started gulping down all the WATER we had. I think we bought 2 litres of mineral water beforehand to prevent jetlag, so... Well you can say that we didn't have lunch that day la.Anyway, the last few days I've been reading ( okay I admit I've been forced to read) Reader's Digest, and I came across some pretty good quotes...
"Saying your life has nothing to do with mine is like saying that your end of the boat is sinking"
"If you wanna see the rainbow, then you have to put up with the rain"
I think quotes are only important and meaningful when you can relate to them. Just like song lyrics. Nowadays most singers try to make lyrics that wanna "relate" to people rather than being emo-ish and pouring out how they feel. This is probably why the Gorillaz are extinct now.
I recently attended a pre-departure briefing (to remind all my readers that I'm leaving, dun miss me ;p) and boy oh boy there were so many familiar faces there, I could make a football team with them. I mean the last thing you'd expect from a briefing to Melbourne Uni was to find a bunch of people you know,all coming up to you saying "Hey, where've you been man" and all that. Now I feel bad, coz I've never said more than a "hi" to those people, but now we're gonna be seeing each other around campus. I mean there were primary schoolmates, SriKDU people as well as Sunway college people that were waving to me as we exchanged glimpses, it just didnt, feel, right. Yeah, that's the right way to put it haha.
I've been quite addicted to E.R. on the Hallmark channel (channel 10) and Seinfeld on Star World (Channel 70) lately. E.R. is just another of the best doctor drama series (although none can top House) but E.R. just makes you think of stuff that you take for granted nowadays. Just watch la, then you know. Seinfeld, on the other hand, is quite retro, but it's surprisingly spontaneous. At the end of the show, you the main character does this stand-up act which talks about quite interesting things. The other day I was watching another episode and this is what he said:
Anyone ever wondered if an aeroplane had keys?
I mean it would be quite funny if aeroplane had keys, because it would be quite embarassing for the pilot if he left his keys to the aeroplane in his house or something. So if something like that happened the pilot would just announce on the radio "Ladies and gentlemen we're experiencing some technical difficulties, this flight might take a slight delay" instead of "Well ladies and gentlemen, we'll be taking off late today, I seem to have.. Well I seem to have worn the wrong pants today, and I have to borrow the master keys from the terminal and it takes a while to get it up here" and to cover it up, you can see all the technicians running all around the aeroplane below that would be quite convincing to the passengers, but really all they're doing is just staring at the bottom of the plane going "let's check the boarding tunnel, maybe he dropped it there, oh wait wait check the wheels maybe he dropped it there" that kinda thing.
It could be the best medicine when you're having a bad day.
1 comment:
Hey! DongXiao here... When you reach melb? I oso go there study! Yay! So when you reach, contact me via email (seven_four_two[at]hotmail.com), k? Btw, when you arrive?
Post a Comment