Sunday, May 21, 2006

Flapdoodle

Folderol------> Trivia or nonsense; a showy but useless item. First of all, YAWWWWWNNNNNN... That's pretty much how my week has been. Lots of stuff that has nothing to do with studying I did, so I'm pretty much in hot soup for coming Econs, Applics and Physics tests... Oh boy.

If you look somewhere between the sports section and the world news of the Star paper on Friday, you can see my name there together with my family's names. For the wrong reasons, of course. So because of that I didn't show up in college on Friday. and there was a lot of praying to do as the incident occured in my house. I'm not gonna say on this blog on how I feel about it aand stuff. However, I will talk about what I have learnt from all this. It's a new experience for me, after all. Let me just briefly described what happened. After the incident happened, the parlour came and fixed it up, and then the people of the appaling trade came and set up everything. Lots of stuff had to be removed, and relatives came to my place. There were also lots of staff people and holy (chinese) people from China who did a lot of rituals and 1 hour praying sessions. Then Saturday morning we all went to the graveyard and put her six feet under. Well that's pretty much what happened. Now, the interesting parts...

  1. I've learnt that the orbituaries section of the newspaper DOES work. Our family met cousins and brothers of my grandmother that we never heard about, so when they showed up we were like "Who the hell are you?" and they said they were her brother's family and we were all in shock haha...
  2. I've learnt that sitting for half an hour WITHOUT MOVING can be very, very torturing. See during the prayer sessions, when the nun bows, we bow. When the nun turns and faces us, we kneel and bow 3 times. So what happened was I sat for half an hour without moving before that. And when I got up first it felt like my feet had turned into to metal balloons; I couldn't balance myself, and had to hold on to my dad next to me to stand still. Then suddenly the nun turned and it was SO HARD to get down on my knees coz I was still having pins and needles, so I nearly fell down, it was so awkward...
  3. I've also learnt that funeral parlors nowadays are very, very efficient and polite. Half an hour after she left us, the parlor people came, and set up the whole thing (tents, music and curtains) in just a few hours. No hassle, no fuss. And throughout the few days that the family has been mourning, they were so nice and polite, I was so impressed by the way they handled things. (They even gave us nasi dagang to eat after the whole thing finished)
Well that's pretty much it, will update after the round of tests are over.
*P.S. just in case some of you are blur and not sure what's going on, my grandmother passed away 17th May, 2006*

This post is to remind me that I had a wonderful grandmother, and that when I read this post in the future, I will remember all that has happened.

No comments: