Saturday, August 13, 2005

eke

outre------>highly unconventional, bizzare or eccentric. This week has certainly been eccentric... Haze has struck Malaysia from Indonesia, so masks and the song "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" should be in fashion. Schools around KL are closing too, that means more time to study and less extra classes!!! I'm also running out of words... So bite me if you know the meaning of the next word. Don't think that the haze will last long though... But won't stick around long enough to affect SPM. Hopefully the haze clears faster... Wouldn't want any complications for SPM, after some of us has already worked so hard... Not me of course, I'm planning to get my driving license before SPM...

With all the haze and SPM round the corner and not going away, I suppose hobbies are good at times like these when parents are banning games(especially for ppl like me), inevitably we WILL get bored right? Let's see... Listening to music is fun, but I do it when I'm studying anyway, ah yes, a hobby recommended for everyone, even is you can't read Chinese... Calligraphy, anyone heard of it? It's what Chinese subject students write on 9-block-papers with ink and a brush... Helps calm me down sometimes, but the mess made really is troubling... Especially when the ink gets stuck in the basin haha. Technique is also required, so impatient ppl BEWARE haha. I'm also reading Harry Potter's sixth book(finally, after waiting for so long from the Tropicana library) and I'm reading it like non-stop since 8 last nite... excluding sleeping of course, I think ive been reading it for 7 hours now(I borrowed the book yesterday!) guess I'm really jobless now... But the nagging thought of Physics 1,2, AND 3 on Monday is definitely gonna get on my nerves... Probably gonna take up Saturday and Sunday too. Good luck to everyone on that too. Hope I'll get lucky again, teachers have beeen saying I did pretty well... I think its to boost confidence only la, oh well might as well just ride the wave... And land hard on my face afterwards when the results come back. I'm expecting an sms about my good results in one paper and flopped in the other for Maths... I'm jinxed that way, can't help it. Just can't wait for my results already!

Anyway what's been really bothering me is how realistically people are nowadays... I suppose in a highly competitive enviroment like Sekolah Sri KDU, everyone has to be independent in order to "survive"... Quite sad la, some people I know have turned soft in all these challenges, like Carrots in hot water... Saw people who reacted like eggs too, eggs turn hard when boiled in water(for those who don't know)... I suppose ppl have turned hard/stubborn or soft/weakened by all these tough times, and it's hard to be optimistic... I've talked to my mom about this, and she says that it's because people are wary and not trusting anyone really. Kinda explains everything I guess, like why I have been called last minute to perform for the PTA dinner without real notice. Or practice haha. Never really thought about performing in front of parents and students alike, but it's just too... Sudden I guess. And the performance is one day after my trials anyway, so I think I'll pass on that, since I'm performing on the 30th anyway. Sometimes I think that I'm the most optimistic in the class(except when I'm troubled) but come to think of it now I seem like a naive kid... Kinda makes me grateful for the friends I have now in my class. I see my friends almost everyday and they sometimes talk about the worries and troubles, and I think to myself:' Isn't that just the tip of the iceberg? ' Anyway only time will tell how people will cope with reality. Haihz. Much to learn I still have. Sometimes I wonder what funny people like and how they think too. You know, those kind of people that stand out in a crowd or party-starters which brings out the fun in you... I think you see a lot of those people these days depending on the enviroment, but all with different purposes. Some just wanna run away from their troubles, some just aren't in a bad mood, some are just... happy/not sad yet. Oh well, what's important is that we must ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE. Look for dark clouds have silver linings, and we should always remember the "Always look on the bright side of life" by NIKE which had Ronaldo and Zidane whistling haha...

For those SPM students, anyone has experienced exam anxiety yet? I know I have. I've already got past my mood swings, now I'm just trying to outwait them, hoping that I can turn the tables on my fortunes... Personally I think that we determine our own destiny, unless a certain situation is inexplicable. Pls give views on this. Anyway back to exam anxiety, I think most of us break down when it comes to major exams, such as panicking, mood swings(as proved by yours truly) and eccentric behaviour which people don't normally do. Suddenly the world is just not a wonderful place anymore, knowing that exams are knocking on the front door and such... My mom says it's normal, but the most important thing is to anticipate, plan and CALM DOWN before doing anything... I have found this ability to chill greatly with the hobby called calligraphy. I suppose music(especially rock) does help, but however we cope with exam anxiety, it shouldn't affect our studies. And we shouldn't be afraid to express it to other people as well. If we shut out, something's bound to happen, surely...

Well that's all I guess for the moment, thanx for reading! Until next time

2 comments:

yvonnet said...

haha ooh yes we can definately determine our destiny..i think that if we want to succeed in something, we will try really hard and succeed..unless we give up easily..OR religous ppl seems to think that God has plans for them..blabla..like something happens, "oh, it is god's will"...ahha..im not like that..=p

Luxian. Lex. Big Cat. Lex. Lux. said...

Poor you, see you in school too