Saturday, March 28, 2009

Say that words that you say, I'm not playing the love that we play

Look at us baby, up all night
Tearing our love apart
Aren't we the same two people who live
through years in the dark?
Ahh...
Every time I try to walk away
Something makes me turn around and stay
And I can't tell you why

When we get crazy,
it just ain't to right,
(try to keep you head, little girl)
Girl, I get lonely, too
You don't have to worry
Just hold on tight
(don't get caught in your little world)
'Cause I love you
Nothing's wrong as far as I can see
We make it harder than it has to be
and I can't tell you why
no, baby, I can't tell you why
I can't tell you why
No, no, baby, I can't tell you why
I can't tell you why
I can't tell you why

Such a meaningful song by the Eagles, touching the very depths of my heart each time I listen to it.. Not emo, like most sad songs, but more "clenched", like there's an extra finger clutching onto your heart compared to amateur songs like Maroon 5 that try to cheer you up, or James Blunt songs which seek empathy more than anything else.

No comments: