Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cenatory

Vaccary---> Cow pasture. Where they keep cows basically. Having hot water running down your ear on a cold morning like this is one of the best feelings in the world.

Right. I am WAYYYY overdue. In the space between my last post(which was May 8) and now, so many things have happened that you know that a long post is coming. Haha. Right, first things first. I managed to get a few Cafe pictures despite being so caught up in Cafe, so here it is.

Yeah that's me. Cool right. The girl was one of the ushers. It's too bad though, she wasn't supposed to be wearing the white shirt inside =P

Group zombie photo(Thriller). Some of them actually LOOK dead.

OK now I should've mentioned this quite a while ago, but yea, happy really really belated birthday xin yu... Oops...


Silly little girl. She just turned 18.

Yeah, that's what she's holding. I got her a Skullometer jug by the way.

You know birthday parties almost always leads to people getting drunk one way or another. I actually had the privilege to witness some very, very funny people getting drunk. Funny and dangerous at the same time. From what I've seen so far, I managed to conclude that there are a few types of drunks(as in people who get drunk, not alcoholics):

  1. The happy drunk. We were at my friend's birthday party, and after a few drinks my friend started wandering around the room, laughing and giggling and occasionally rolling all over the floor. It's fun to watch, because the guy's actually only tipsy, but he's behaving so funnily we just assume that he's drunk.
  2. The singing drunk. Also known as the screaming/wailing drunk. Most people fall into this category. Famous songs include parodies of Justin Timberlake's SexyBack, Irish songs, and the occasional random song from the 70s. Very entertaining when in a large crowd. Wailing drunks apparently complain a lot, and seem to make up "half words" like Idon'tahhhhblechscgfwnooodonmakeme and so on.
  3. The "unaware" drunk. This is the funniest of all. These are the type of drunks that do stuff that are so bizarre that you'd rather send them to bed rather than let them go on. Some examples include stripping (for males in a big crowd), rolling about the floor doing animal sounds, and so on.
  4. The angry/emo drunk. These tyoe of drunks are the hardest to tell, coz you never knwo whether they're already drunk, or they're just emoing really, really badly. However, there are obvious symptoms when they DO become drunk, such as : mixing up the names that they were emoing about, smashing/ smashing into glass, threatening people who don't play their song etc.
One common effect of being drunk is that normally, after a while(long or short), they pass out. And that's when you have to help them back to bed. Some people pass out in weird positions; I'm not gonna elaborate on that. On helping people back to bed, they either get up and start walking/limping to their room, or they don't. Those that do would reach their room in 5, and all you do is get a bucket and their phone to their side, and everything'll be alright in the morning. Those that don't(and just happen to be heavy, according to Murphy's Law), well you just have to make the effort to carry them all the way to their room, which would seem easy when spoken of, but in reality is very, very difficult. Watch out for spew as well, if you get it first hand, you definitely wouldn't forget it in the morning.

You know being around the city on weekends, whether to shop or just hang out with friends is really a fun experience. You get to see random funny shit on the road such as this:

You don't see this in Malaysia.

This is actually a toilet sign. Next thing you know, they're gonna come up with a "Couples room" which totally demeans the idea of a toilet.

Spending time at night with friends could be fun too. There was one night where is was cold enough to have a layer of mist on Princes' Park. So a few of us decided to take off into the darkness(about midnight) towards the light illuminating the cold:

Yeah it sorta looked like that. Those are two of my wacky friends Krista and Victoria in the light, it felt like Genting at 6 in the morning, damn cold. My toes were numb when we got back =S

Things like these sorta make you miss Malaysia a bit more. The feeling of being on Genting at ground level brings me back when dad used to take me up Genting on a random Saturday morning, waking me up all blurr-derred at 5a.m. Recently I've seen and tasted a few sights of Malaysia that made me look forward to returning to Malaysia again:

Nasi lemak at Norsiah's kitchen. Although it's 6.75AUD, the memories where I used to put extra-extra-extra sambal is SO worth it.

I miss Wendy.

And for those of you who think that Uni life isn't complicated, check out what I drew by hand.


For my digital systems. I also made a program which plots obstacles on a map. Damn cool.

You know IH isn't very happening on weekdays, because you're supposed to study. On weekdays that I don't feel like studying, I do this:


My record's 320 seconds now. The world record's 10 times faster than me.

I tell you this week's gonna be hardest for me. It's the "transition week" that I have to gradually turn all of my play time into my study time. I have to do it by next week coz swot vac's round the corner, and that means 18 hours a day of studying(not including distraction time) so I'm gonna have to buck up.

Will update a few more times this week, see ya next post.

No comments: