Hi readers,
First of all, I would like to thank the ppl that have reminded me TIME and TIME again what the world is like, I really appreciate the views of wise and knowledgable ppl like Shern and Mush, so I'm gonna write my blogs based on what I've "learned" from them so far...
I think there's something i owe, this blog, and it's my trip to Perth haha. I tell you there's so much to see and do and take pictures of I caouldn't believe that 5 days wasn't enuff. Ok first of all, the weather is GREAT/weird/special/funny. It's like, on a rainy day, no one's wearing a raincoat OR carrying an umbrella coz the rain lasts like only 5 minutes haha... It's amazing I tell you, I can recall there was one morning I walked out of the hotel and I could see there was rain on m left but clear sun on my right haha. But of course you only see this kinda weather in winter :( And not to mention the temperature is like 10-20 degrees C, and it doesn't feel chilly of course i was wearing two layers of clothes AND my jacket la haha). Now where my hotel, Duxton hotel was is in the middle of the city, so at night it was quite bright haha. And I tell you Perth automatically closes at 6 can you believe it? Even the sun sets at that time, so I've no time to go to any of the nearby parks to play football(not fair!). And one more thing, Perth is like FULL of sidewalks... you don't see that everywhere in KL, I did so much walking that when I went walking in KL, it's like"Where's the sidewalk? And what's that smell?" haha I think on the first night we went to this really old fashion restaurant, the food was like.... truly western. And that night after dinner, we decided to WALK back to our restaurant haha.... we left at 7 plus but reached home 9 something haha... Strangely our legs didn't really hurt, quite fun actually walking in the middle of the city, where there is no smoke to be smelt in MILES and its around 15 degrees coldness...
OK now I'm gonna talk about the hotel. The receptionist was as big as Jonny Wilkinson(rugby) AND half a head taller than me... So I was quite intimidated, mind you. And the TV channels SUCK!!!! haha... there are only like 10 channels I think, and the good shows only come like once a week, and there's no cartoon channel in the hotels haha... So my brother was like bouncing all over our beds, and every night my parents would go to the nearby casino and then I would be stuck with my extremely bored/annoying bro haha...
Next morning, however, we went for this Pinnacle tour, which took up the whole day(no football again haha) but the tour was kinda worth it... Except in the morning. We went to this koala/kangaroo zoo, and they were DAMN cuddly... note that i said cuddly, not cute. round, furry and warm, but not cute. The kangaroos look SOSOSOSO slumber haha... but it was morning la can't blame them. and I didn't have enuff time to take pics!!! :( There was this owl which went WOOF WOOF can you believe it? So by 10 we were heading for the little town of Lancelin(nice name)... And I tell you I had a taste of... THE FUTURE>>>MAGNUM PEPPERMINT MUAHAHAHA... Got the pic i swear, can't wait for the future haha. Reached there about 12, and the weather was crazy... It was raining but the driver INSISTED that we went out, so being the typical Malaysian which our storms last at least half an hour, most of us in the bus stayed until our geng-ho family followed some Taiwanese out into the rain and follow the bus driver walking la haha... Surely enuff the rain stopped after a few minutes, and we reached this really really open space with lots of limestones implanted to the ground... Looked like a meteor shower of stones hit the Earth, damn cool... after that we left for(4got the name) for SANDBOARDING YEA... but of course first, the bus driver drove over some HUGE sand dunes, and everyone was sososo scared... it's like the whole bus was gonna tip over, but damn fun la... No fun running up the 30 foot tall dunes though, damn tiring... Sandboarding was fun, but due to the cold temperature, my hands were practically frozen solid haha... and my pants were full of sand too. Reached the hotel about 7 plus, ate Chinese(Chinese in Aus?)and did MORE walking... about same distance also la, damn fun...
Now about the ppl, there were SO MANY countries they were from. I think we met taxi drivers from Afghanistan, Armenia(where's that?) China South Africa and Poland haha... It's like everyone all over the world come to Perth to work or study. And one DREADFUL secret(might not be true though). Some Aussies think we are really, really weird by my opinion. You know there was once, we bought tickets for the train ride from North Fremantle back to Perth. So me and my little bro bought tickets at student price, and my mom(of all ppl) was keeping our student cards, so they bought adult tickets la... Halfway through the ride, the ticket checkers came by, and seeing that I was holding a student ticket, they asked for my student card la. So I pointed to my parents, and of course they handed out the student cards, and they STILL asked for my student card haha. Some more they were buying adult price tickets don't 4get, so they thought my parents were the students and so they got even more confused la(plus our SRI KDU cards were not exactly like the Aussie school ones, so they got even more dazzled) then finally after much moaning they let us off, muttering 'at least they bought the ticket' haha. As if that wasn't enuff. Next day we went to the Hilary Aquarium, and of course we opted for family price la. so looking at my height((and dashing looks, hehe :9) of course the cashier didnt believe me la. (coz the family price need two adults two children aged 4-15) So naturally my mom asked whether i can apply for student price, and once again we were asked for my student card. I instantly pointed at my mom(she's still keeping my student card, wth?) and my mom began fishing for our cards. So when my mom presented the cards, the cashier got VERY confused(she looked at the back of the card only haha), so she thought that MY MOM AND DAD were the students lolz, and I was the adult(naturally :p) so we got in for one adult, two student and one child haha... But the aquarium was magnificent, the seals were SO cute haha...
Ah yes not forgetting to mention about the trip to Fremantle. It's a very busy place, but we were DAMN busy shopping, so quite boring also haha... Also we went to the place where it had the self-proclaimed BEST,#1 FISH AND CHIPS IN THE WHOLE WORLD...world...world... and we ate so much LOBSTER AND OYSTER haha. Can't believe we didn't eat the fish and chips. Crazy la my family. In the morning we went to this really really HUGE park, and there were so many trees, but so no flowers... Not in season haha.:( But luckily it was misty that morning, so when we were at the hill of the park, we saw the rest of the town... In the middle of fog. Technically we saw fog only haha. Wildflowers weren't in season, so no pictures... So sad...
I think that's it for the moment. I'll keep updating this entry. Kinda 4got some stuff hehe...
No comments:
Post a Comment