Awesome music, check. Time alone, check. Liquid courage, check. Let us begin.
Mom came over to Australia recently, bought me and bro a couple of bottles of wine. Besides being winter warmers, wine can also go really, really well with meat, although nowadays, with my sleeping habits as well as eating times as flexible as my temperament, I have not, at all, been able to fully utilise the 3 bottles of wine sitting pretty on top of my kitchen table.
Then, Idea(not alcohol induced) hit me. I needed to catch up with friends this holidays. Most of them are away anyway. Might as well put 2 and 2 together, and invite my friends over for wine tasting. That's been probably the one thing that has made this holiday so special (besides passing all my subjects for exams, which I haven't really celebrated).
Some random thoughts that have been running through my head these past couple of weeks:
1: Where has the time gone?
A lot of people would have said that time has passed so quickly that school term has already started, I am probably feeling grateful now that I can afford to sleep at 4 am and wake up and 6 pm and not regret it. I recently read an interesting book by a Chinese/Cambodian author, Alice Pung, who migrated here with her family, who has had a very torrid past. She has now published a bestseller, and is rumored to be tutoring at JCH( an Australian Residential College). Of course, since the last book I have actually read through was Harry and the Deathly Hallows, given how easily amused I am, I particularly enjoyed that book, to the point that at one point, where the author first encounters romance, I almost felt like LOVING the author. Like asking her out to dinner, I even flipped to the back of the book every 6 pages or so just to imagine some white guy asking her out, and mind you, she is a fine looking young woman, graduated already from Melbourne uni with an Arts/Law degree.
Bottom line is, I love ranting under the influence of alcohol, it brings out the true notions going through my head nowadays, which no one is really concerned of anyway. Lol. SHould have expected it.
2: I finally have time to appreaciate family, and above all, Music.
Recently my mom came over, as mentioned ealier in this post. I've always had this impression that parents usually come over because (a) they miss their children, (b) they HAVE to bring some stuff over to their children that they have "ordered" beforehand (such as a football =P ) and (c) for other miscellaneous reasons, which I would not mention in this post. After this trip of my mom coming over, as of the same feeling of all the other visits, i really miss her. I miss someone cooking dinner, instead of having me eating 1 meal a day, just because I wake up at 6 p.m. and I probably don't eat anything until 9 p.m. anyway. I miss my mommy. And daddy, really.
*Note that as I am typing this I am losing coordination due to my liquid courage, hence my thought processes would make much less sense, but some how carrying more truth in it than most posts anyway*
Cue Malaysian essay opening: i also have had time to listen more to my music. I don't know whether most of you know this, but I really, really do appreciate my music. Which is why i have one of the smallest ,usic libraries among my circle of friends. Not that I don't thin that they know all of their songs, it's just that I have a particular kind of relatinoship between me and that particular song. Thanks to my cousin, I've also managed to download artwork for my iTunes library much faster and more efficient. You know the cover flow view in iTunes that lets you view the tracks based on their album, that when you view the tracks you get to view all the album covers and you just turn into a Wahser and marvel at how much effort you've put into the iTunes library. I don't even know if I'm making sense here, I know I am making sense to myself here.
-- 80% of white wine bottle drank, need refill soon --
3: What's with people and all their nonsense
Everybody has something to say. Whether it's useful or not, they just want to SAY it so that they know that they are just that bit better, just that bigger of a person than the majority. Not that I have anything against anybody that has an opinion, it's just that sometimes people has such biased biased opinions, to the point that they think that they themselves have become the villain'of socielty. I've read articles concening the average society" realising" that there are phenoenons out there that we can't explain, such as income inquality, and discrimination and such, and I marvel at those people, honestly (sorry) thiinking that those people should make a proper trip to Malaysia and discover how much discrimination is prominent in our country.
I may sound biase now, but I am also really, really high. I'm just grateful that I' OCD enough to type this out.
4: I've ran out of wine, and hence out of ideas.
I should blog when I'm halfway between drunk and high. The feeling is sooooo good, and it probably only costs 15 bucks. Also, I realise that I'm a hypocrite. I'm sorry for insulting Dota fans over how much they're addicted over Dota. I'm really appreaciative over how much they've spent time and effort learning the game itself, and I myself am more fascinated than anything to learn of the game itself.
5: Life isn't as peachy as what what it used to be.
** I've ran out of alcohol already, so I should be recovering between now and the next few posts**
I used to think that if enough effort were put in, the results would show and everything would turn out alright. I felt soooo bad, that when the results came out, that I discovered that one of my friends had failed 3 subjects. 3 subjects, I should imagine myself dropping out of Uni for failing 1 subject, let alone 3. I rreally feel bad for the guy, because the way he studied for the subject itself, DESERVED him to pass. It's almost as if I wish that he passed and I would be willing to get a lower markm just to let him pass. He worked so hard together, through the assignments and the pain and the understanding, and although he was the most awkward of friends, he really did put in the effort, and didn't produce the result.
I hope that I he passes his supplimentaries. I really do. (Forgive me for any wrong spelling).
6: I am still the bastard that I was 3 years ago.
Sometimes, I realise that I am really that cruel, that bad, that competitive, and I look at myself with disgrace in the mirror and realise that I actually aren't truly that great and all. I'm just smart enough to make it, and for that I am proud. Not thtat I have anything to prove it, just that I feel that I haven't really, really grown from the person that I am in year 12, just with better typing skills.
So be it, as my first drunk-high post, I probably won't remember it in the morning (I won't even bother checking the grammar, but I'll probably enjoying reading it the next day), I'll probably remember the feeling, and i would LOVE to post such things, such monstrosities again (did i spell that right? )
See ya, goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment