Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Lackadaisical

Flavicomous----->Having yellow hair. So much has happened since my last post, I dunno where to start lol... Well first of all Merry Christmas to all the readers, it's hard to look back and witness how much has happened, as well as how much I have changed (if I have at all) over the years... I've had mixed opinions abt that, which brings me to my New Year resolutions, made based on what I have learnt from all my experiences this year...

1. Learn Japanese (coz of the awkwardness and helplessness we faced in Hokkaido)
2. Learn to defend feelings. I always thought that feelings could be rationalised, as if there was a time and formula for every situation. It's not fun getting your feelings hurt, and it takes some real understanding to just defend first, and think later... I've over looked that fact, and I've been made to pay for it.
3. Learn to appreciate. Some marvellous things have happened to me since the break-up (sounds like a movie lol) but I've been more open to friends now, not as "friendly but not overly close" to people, made real efforts to reach out to people, and I have to keep that up in order to keep in peace with myself... Coz 2008's a very important year =)
4. Learn to be more secure about myself. More on that next time maybe.

Part 3 : Japan see snow? Cool!!!!

Right so this trip has been absolutely wonderful, and now I cannot stress how beautiful Japan is, until at least you see this:


From the plane, it looks like... like... National Discovery...



Blimey!!! I've never took mountain shots b4 honestly, and that looked beautiful

So Japan is basically an island surrounded by mountains, volcanoes in fact so it's a pretty cool place, coz when you look around you (far far into the distance) you see snow cap mountains, unlike the haze/rainforests you see in Malaysia...

Holy cow.

The mountains close up are very beautiful as well. We didn't have to climb up the mountains like K.Kinabalu drama-drama, but the feeling of BEING ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN was just awesome. Especially when the clouds move and you get different lighting on the mountains.

The hills...

Are alive...

With the sounds of music....

Heck, from the bottom the mountains already look fantastic...

Anyone understands what the store says? Lol

From the mountains, you can also see awesome rock formations (yes, it look way better than the thumb rock before) and the lighting was just perfect for me that day...

See that? See that?

Give you a close up.

So after the mountains, we have the lakes.

OK I know it's a bit too bright, but it's the best I've got, I was shivering that morning =P

Lake Toya.

Ain't she a beauty. (Mother nature---> all beautiful inanimate objects become female?)

More mountains at the back, just for the fun of it.

Lastly, the snow. Oh gosh I can't describe well enough how awesome snow looks, it' not like those snow pieces you see in American movies that causes road accidents that almost leads to the main character's demise, I'm talking about Winnie the Pooh snow, the kind that they show the close up of the labyrinth-shaped snowflake before it drops far down, somewhere among the white frosted floor...

My gosh, when I caught this picture, I stared at it for 10 seconds before actually BEING AWARE that I was on the middle of the road.

OK it's highly unlikely a snowflake lands on a window, but just look at the detail of that flake, from inside the bus you just stare at the window and wait a random flake to stop by the window, temporarily show off it's magnificence, and then quiver away from the heat on the window...

Imagine that, snow on flowers... I nearly missed the bus taking this perfect pic

Group photo!!!

Reminds you of the length of the Dragon Year primary school photo, if ya know what I mean..

Ice sculptures are quite rare in Malaysia and they cost a lot, but in Japan even the most common snow phenomenon catches my eye...

Check that out. I thought you'd only see this shit in a huge freezer or something.

The Japan nightlife is pretty awesome as well, too bad I didn't have a camera stand at the time.

Looks like the view from the Rialto in Australia.

Last but not least, the flowers. It's not Sakura season, but some flowers are blossoming nonetheless...

Awesome eh.

Just feel so welcoming.

Now before I go, I'll leave you with a random pic from my hotel that looked pretty good as well...


See you guys next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I know what you mean... The photo's real long @@

Nice photos you've got... Especially the snow on flower...

Oh yeah, since you are planning to learn JP, this is the site I'd recommend -
http://www.nihongoresources.com/language/lessons.html

Happy CNY (in adv) and have a nice day =)

gNengKaiF said...

haha..nice metaphor there!!
but why some of your pix keep repeating from the other post haha

really you have good quality photos there..natural photographer!!

the store's name on ur pix is ka-fe-te-ri-a...means cafeteria!!

Happy CNY!!