
Just to make up for the lack of pictures on the blog.
For those who don't know, uni has been hectic. Too sum it up in one line, this semester is the most fun semester ever, due to the endless amount of projects I have to work on which are starting to relate to real life applications, but at the same time I am completely exhausted at the end of every week (which is the evening of that Friday). Any work done after that is either necessary or a bonus, coz I've been indulging myself over the week somehow.
Caffeine has been my staple diet. Mother has been the main culprit. Almost every morning, when I wake up and buy a can of Mother from the mini-grocery downstairs, 3 things come to my head: 1) I have to get more sleep, 2) I miss my mother very much and I can't wait for her to arrive on the 16th, and 3) I can't wait to work on my project again (this is after I've drank the Mother). I've been told recently that a government is planning to implement a ban on energy drinks. I looked it up, poor NSW. At least i know what to pack if I ever make a trip there. I really cannot come to the defense of energy drinks, besides the obvious fact that I think better, react faster and hence become better at Facebook games (and circuits analysis of course). The frequent toilet trips have been "anal" about reminding me to not take too much of this shit. Lol. Perhaps I'm treating energy drinks like soft drinks already, I can't really remember the last time I consumed any particular can of commercialised soft drink. =P
Pic related.On the music front, I've been getting myself lost in the music that my cousin had passed to me weeks ago, artist by artist. I've had much success with Pearl Jam, which has been flavor of the weeks, really. I'm gonna work through AC/DC soon, but yes, these are the kind of things that make spending time with myself so enjoyable. I welcome anyone who is willing, or rather, patient enough to join me, I've got about 13 artists to work through and it would be nice to have someone that I can share this hobby with over a few glasses of beer =)
One of the highlights of the week was when I fell in love with 2 of Pearl Jam songs for the lyrics, which is quite rare usually because what gets my attention is the tune of the song itself. Pearl Jam's Wishlist and Thin Air is absolutely sensational. Thin Air is a relatively easy song to listen to, as well as play on the guitar, I've tabbed it already, but 2 lines in the song really caught my eye:
One of the highlights of the week was when I fell in love with 2 of Pearl Jam songs for the lyrics, which is quite rare usually because what gets my attention is the tune of the song itself. Pearl Jam's Wishlist and Thin Air is absolutely sensational. Thin Air is a relatively easy song to listen to, as well as play on the guitar, I've tabbed it already, but 2 lines in the song really caught my eye:
It's not in my past to presume,
love can keep on movin in both directions.
How to be happy and true,
is the quest we're taking on together.
love can keep on movin in both directions.
How to be happy and true,
is the quest we're taking on together.
Not too cliche, but at the same time when I sing this part of the song, my eyes start to water and I think of, a lot of stuff.
The second song, Wishlist, well the entire song is good really, in terms of the lyrics, it's about the subtle things that you knew were ther that you never really noticed, but at least you just knew they were there, like one of his lines, saying:
I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on;
Things like that make me ponder on the less significant things in life. I've been so focused on the big picture lately that this song's almost like a slap in the face really.
So anyway, off to lunch. Will track back later perhaps. I'm falling in love with blogging again.
Cya guys next post.
The second song, Wishlist, well the entire song is good really, in terms of the lyrics, it's about the subtle things that you knew were ther that you never really noticed, but at least you just knew they were there, like one of his lines, saying:
I wish I was the souvenir you kept your house key on;
Things like that make me ponder on the less significant things in life. I've been so focused on the big picture lately that this song's almost like a slap in the face really.
So anyway, off to lunch. Will track back later perhaps. I'm falling in love with blogging again.
Cya guys next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment